Wednesday 6 July 2011

Fondant Cake Number 2 - Road and Trees

I was commissioned to make my first cake recently for the 5th Birthday of a work colleague's son.

This was a vanilla wheat and gluten free cake and the brief was to make a cake that could have a toy tractor placed on the top.

I covered the cake board and cake in a grass colour green fondant icing with a road which travelled up the sides and accross the top.  To add a little something else, I made 4 trees, one to repersent each member of their family, and a little sheep.

I loved the challenge of making this cake and was really nervous handing it over.  I was so desperate for my colleague to like it and to my relief he really did.  I was told after the Birthday party that Charlie loved the cake and managed to eat the sheep in one go!!




Happy 5th Birthday Charlie!

No comments:

Post a Comment