Sunday 23 October 2011

Afghan Project

The nights are getting colder and darker.  It's a time when I feel like I need to eat stew and snuggle in the warm living room with a mug of hot coffee and the dog by my side.

When my mum was pregnant with me she crocheted a bright afghan blanket made up of large granny squares using all sorts of lovely colours. Last year I inherited this and I Love it! I always take it camping with me and use it as a picnic blanket and a blanket to snuggle in when it gets cold by the BBQ.


I’ve been wanting to make my own granny square afghan ever since seeing mums but could never quite decide on a colour scheme. I’ve finally decided to gather some of my bright coloured DK stash yarn and set to crocheting a bunch of granny squares in the hope that when they’re all crocheted together it will look fabulous!!

Watch this space!


No comments:

Post a Comment