Sunday 23 October 2011

Happy Christmas Cupcakes Everyone!

I plan (as always) to be organised and prepare for Christmas early this year.  So far it's all going well...

August... Started Christmas Shopping
September... Added a few Christmas songs to my MP3 Player
October... Baked the Christmas Cake

Too early?  NEVER!

With the shops starting to stock crackers, mince pies and decorations, I figure, if you can't beat 'em, join 'em!

So yesterday, after soaking my fruit for 24 hours in Brandy, I set to and made my Christmas cake using a recipe I was given by my mum's friend Peggy.

The Christmas songs and the sweet smell of fruit cake and spices filled the air yesterday as I mixed and baked with a jolly big smile on my face.  (As always I should have been doing housework, but a cake's just not going to bake itself right?!)


So as I filled my tin with the gorgeous mixture, I ran into a problem.... There was too much for the tin to take.  What's a girl to do?!  Well I'll tell you.  I whipped out my cupcake tin, lined it with cases and filled.


After baking, I pricked them all with a toothpick and fed them more Brandy till I thought they would stagger away in a drunken mess!


Just like any good Christmas cake, I topped them all with circles od marzipan and then covered in white, green and red fondant icing.

So while my main Christmas cake cooked away in the oven, filling the house with even more Christmas cheer, I decorated my new little Christmas fruit cupakes.



Merry Cupcakes Everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment