Monday 28 June 2010

and sew to knit...

So... or should that be 'sew', back in September 2008, in an attemt to stop reaching for food and keep my hands busy and my mind occupied, I dedcided to teach myself how to knit!
I didn't have a clue what I was doing, but I took myself off to Hobbycraft, bought myself a pair of knitting needles and some wool.  When I got home, I looked on You Tube and to my delight found lots of videos teaching the basics.  Soon I found myself knitting a plain black scarf.  I found that it was quite thereputic, and although I slipped stitches and the whole scarf was a bit wonkey, I was quite pleased with myself.

Then I got some red, green, purple and pink coloured fluffy wool and knitted 4 plain scarfs for my friends (one of which had an allergic reaction to hers!! Oops!)  I also knitted a loooooong purple, grey and white scarf in one night with chunky wool and size 12 needles.  I felt smug having made such a long scarf in such a short space of time!


After knitting 6 plain garter stitch scarfs, I was ready for my next challenge.....

No comments:

Post a Comment