Monday 28 June 2010

Hats off and away we go

A friend of mine from work has a sister who is a knit addict.  When she found out I was starting out myself, she did everything she could to help me.  She even introduced me to the AMAZING knitting and crochet online community Ravelry.  I registered straight away as WackyWendy and spent forever in my new world.  Here people share patterns, show projects, get advice and much MUCH more!  I was amazed at the amount of knitters out there and what beautiful, funky, cool and interesting things they have knitted. 

I decided I was ready for the next step.  It was time for a new knitted project and as it was winter, a new hat was calling!!
Again, with help from You Tube, I was able to knit my first hat! it was a slouchy mock cable hat and with You Tube again, I learnt how to knit with circular knitting needles ...

I was so pleased with how it turned out, and it would seem that friends were too!  Before I knew it, I was again knitting the same hat for friends...

 

Now with all these hats, what should I knit next?

No comments:

Post a Comment