Sunday 16 January 2011

And so to sew

Huge thanks to Tracey (http://www.craftytrekky.blogspot.com/) for furnishing me with my first sewing machine.

The last time I used a sewing machne was about 16 years ago at school and I was HOPELESS.  But recently I've thought about having another go.  Now I can and have!

I think there will be many more sewing machine projects on the way.  At least now I wont have to hand repair the pockets in my man's trousers now!  Phew!


Learning the ropes with my teacher Tracey!


My first home made bag using Cath Kidston material


Complete with machine sewed buttons and machine sewed button holes
(which weren't easy but I think they turned out okay and I'm sure I'll get the hang of it soon)


Free hand machine embroidery ballet dancer
(drawn onto the felt first)

2 comments:

  1. The bag looks fantastic! Can't believe you did it so quickly! You must be a natural!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Wend....you need a little stall at a craft market somewhere! :-) Brilliant stuff missus! xxxxx

    ReplyDelete