Sunday 2 January 2011

Spin me right round like a record baby

While working in Mallorca in 2004 - 2008, my man and I would always listen to music by Journey whilst driving around the beautiful island descovering stunning areas where only the locals go.

Now with The X Factor and Glee covering 'Don't Stop Believing', originally released in 1981, Journey have now gained a new fan base;  I would like to point out at this point that my chap has liked them for years and introduced them to me before their new found popularity!

For his birthday this year, I managed to get 2 tickets to see them playing in Birmingham later in 2011, and as a bonus related pressie, I got Journey's 1981 LP, 'Escape' and modified it to make a really funky bowl!


I made sure that I purchased 2 of these just incase the project went pear shaped at the first attempt, and I was all too aware that he would be horrified that he could not listen to in on the vinyl as it was originally intended. 

Everyone's a winner!

No comments:

Post a Comment