Monday 17 January 2011

Sew we dance

I began dancing around the age of 4 and although I was really into the tap dancing, I was always a little jealous of the petite girls that were fabulous at ballet.  When the other girls were going 'en pointe' I was tapping away perfecting my 'wings' and 'pick up's'!

I truly loved my tap dancing but a little part of me would love to have been born with the grace and elegance of a ballet dancer.  These days I watch with huge admiration as ballet dancers twirl around en pointe making it look effortless and beautiful, but knowing the dedication and pain they have to go through to present themselves so stunningly.

Now with the help of my new best friend (the sewing machine), I have been hard at work this evening to combine my new love of cotton with my love of (watching) ballet.  It's not yet finished but here is my machine embroidery work in progress...



2 comments:

  1. Ohhhhh Beautiful Miss Woo!!! Your creative talents are endless!!! Make sure you pop a picture on when its finished xxxx

    ReplyDelete